Thursday, December 3, 2009

Windows XP vs Ubuntu

Windows XP is a very reliable and trust-worthy system, but is Ubuntu better?

Windows in general is very prone to viruses and if you get a virus it can really mess up your computer causing data loss and/or hardware malfunction. Ubuntu has no know viruses. For interface both systems are easy to use and finding a progrm is a cinch. Installing a program in Windows is extermely easy, unlike Ubuntu I've had many problems and troubles wtih it. File browsing is easy on both systems and Ubuntu has a very nice little tool to hide folders. (Just add a period before the text). But finding a program file is difficult in Ubuntu. (Not that it matters). For gaming Windows by far is the best because it supports many of todays best games, but I've heard rumors that Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 4 work on Ubuntu. Video Editing is very easy on Windows, because the programs are easy to use. Ubuntu is impossible to edit with.

In a personal opinion I prefer Ubuntu.

No comments: